Revised July 6, 2018
Thanks for visiting the Narrative Content Group (NarrativeContentGroup.com) website (the “Site”). We hope you enjoy the Site.
Narrative Content Group (Narrative) produces and manages content for its own sites (MNN.com and TreeHugger.com) and in partnership with many of the world’s leading brands. Our mission is to provide the most comprehensive and compelling digital content in a voice that is engaging and easily understood by a mainstream audience.
BY ACCESSING AND USING OUR WEBSITES IN ANY WAY, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE OUR WEBSITES IN ANY MANNER.
Narrative may change, modify, update, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of our Sites following the posting of any changes will signify your acceptance of those changes.
To use certain parts of our Sites (e.g., posting comments), you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your first name, email address, password, city and state or Zip code.
USING OUR SITES
MNN.com and TreeHugger.com provide you with access to a great variety of resources. The materials, information, and links to third party sites, provided on our Websites, including but not limited to information, documents, images, articles, advice, time-saving tips and checklists, easy-to-use tools, products, software, and services, if applicable (“Materials”), are provided either by MNN.com, TreeHugger.com, or by others and may be copyrighted and/or protected by other intellectual property rights. MNN.com and TreeHugger.com hereby grant you limited permission to use the Materials provided by MNN.com and TreeHugger.com subject to these Terms, as long as the use of such Materials is solely for your own informational use. Unless stated within the Materials, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or other means, without the prior express written permission of MNN.com or TreeHugger.com and/or the appropriate owner. Also, you may not “mirror” any Materials contained on our Website or any other server without Narrative’s, MNN.com’s and TreeHugger.com’s prior written consent.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
While using our Sites, you may not:
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying our Sites;
- post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, constitute unauthorized practice of a professional service, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or foreign law, including without limitation U.S. export control laws and regulations;
- post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes, or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by MNN.com or TreeHugger.com), or engage in spamming, phishing, or flooding;
- use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access our Websites or services for any purpose without our express written permission; however, this provision shall not apply to the indexing or updating of search engines;
- post or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other harmful component;
- post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material obtained through our Websites for commercial purposes (other than as expressly permitted by the provider of such information, software, or other material);
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way information, software, or other material obtained through our Websites which is protected by copyright or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or right holder; or
- upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit, or distribute in any way any component of our Websites or derivative works with respect thereto without our prior written consent, as our Websites are protected under U.S. copyright laws
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; ADVERTISERS; THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In attempting to provide you with comprehensive and useful resources, our Websites may contain links to third-party websites which are not under the control of MNN.com or TreeHugger.com. MNN.com and TreeHugger.com are not responsible for the content of or products provided by any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. MNN.com and TreeHugger.com are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply that MNN.com or TreeHugger.com endorses, guarantees, or accepts any responsibility for the content or products on such a third-party site.
In addition, MNN.com and TreeHugger.com will accept advertising on our Websites. Any dealings that you have with advertisers found on MNN.com or TreeHugger.com are between you and the advertiser and you acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or claim you may have against an advertiser.
In connection with your use of our Websites, you may be made aware of services, products, offers, and promotions provided by third parties, and not by MNN.com or TreeHugger.com. If you decide to use third-party services or products, you are responsible for reviewing and understanding the terms and conditions governing any third-party services or products. You agree that the third party, and not MNN.com or TreeHugger.com, is responsible for the performance of the third-party services or products.
CHANGES TO OUR SITES
In an effort to continually improve our Sites and its usefulness to you, we may add additional services or make changes to existing services. In the event that MNN.com or TreeHugger.com makes such changes, these Terms shall apply to the new services and to any changes to existing services.
POSTING OF USER CONTENT
NO DUTY TO MONITOR
You agree that we are not liable for content that is provided by others. While some community areas are monitored for relevance, we have no obligation to prescreen content that may be posted in such areas and are not responsible for such postings. While we have no duty to prescreen content, we have the right to refuse to post or to edit submitted content. We reserve the right to remove content for any reason, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such material.
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
At Narrative, MNN.com, and TreeHugger.com, we respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on MNN.com or TreeHugger.com in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us to report possible copyright infringement by writing firstname.lastname@example.org. When contacting us, please provide Narrative’s copyright agent the following information:
- A full description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site; Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Narrative Content Group’s agent can be reached as follows:
c/o NarrativeContentGroup.com Copyright Agent
Narrative Content Group
191 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
By e-mail: email@example.com
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and NarrativeContentGroup.com regarding this subject matter, and they govern your use of our Websites. The failure of NarrativeContentGroup.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of NarrativeContentGroup.com or these Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
© 2018 MNN.com. All rights reserved